Currently drowning in work and academics, but yes wp, I am still alive. I’ll be close to dead at the rate I’m going, although I’ll get by somehow.
- My insomnia’s gotten so bad again that I only slept a total of 14 hours last week. It’s 12:35 am now but I feel kind of sleepy already, so I guess that’s a good thing.
- Crawling my way through my majors, really. It seems as if I am working myself into a corner that may be difficult to get out of. Never thought I would be BS Org again… yet look at me now. Cue priority adjustments.
- I’m sort of having some trouble with some people. Not quite sure yet if my issues are enough for action on my part. It’s mostly just an annoyance and momentary frustration, but if this shit continues I won’t stand for any of it.
- Realization: you are the still point of a turning world. Push forward, friend, push forward. We will get by.
- My friends are the bravest people I know. I wish to be half as strong as them.
- Poetry slam. Phases. Renaissance. Man the Maker. Que horror.
- Once again I am reminded that gender is fluid. And that love is SPG in Japan too. Love you Emi Takei. and Tori Matsuzaka. *dreamy sigh*
- Movie recommendation: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, The Wind Rises, Jiro Dreams of Sushi, Tokyo Story. J-Drama recommendation: Asuko March, Kyou Koi Wa Hajimemasu. Manga recommendation: Ooku, J No Subete. As you may have noticed, I am back in my all-things-Japan phase. Only thing keeping me alive tbh. Naruto is ending in a month and Hirunaka no Ryuusei only has around 3 chapters left. Sadness.
- I’m going to Japan next year and I’m damn excited. Initially it was set for April, but I’m thinking of rebooking to June so I can spend a month going around the country, and to visit my host family. I know it’s a bit far from now but the thought is very, very comforting.
- I want a vintage cigarette case. and a Zippo lighter. Partially for aesthetic reasons, but why are they so pretty in the first place lol.
Here’s a random quote that’s sort of keeping me going:
“For what it’s worth … it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, screenplay by Eric Roth)
Slowly trying to loosen my grip on the railings. To fly is to fall. Carry on.